Eliminating the high costs through
Eliminating the high costs caused by permanently stressed leaders.
Current Event (in German)
Eliminating the high costs through permanent stress.
With the help of their companies, many people have learned to manage their stress. But some have often not yet been reached: leaders under permanent stress. The stress that, according to science, permanently costs 30% performance and a lot of leadership ability. And thus a lot of money.
Understandably, companies want to take care of these managers. They discover the solution in burnout therapy: cognitive behavioural work helps to permanently eliminate the causes of stress. I have known its effectiveness since it was instrumental in helping my wife leave her burnout and severe depression behind.
I myself use cognitive behavioural coaching outside of therapy. This means that I belong to a small circle of only 5% of coaches in Germany who use this approach – compared to 30% in the rest of Europe.
To close this supply gap, I founded „Aktion gegen Dauerstress“. It provides cognitive behavioural coaches and trains them. And informs leaders and HR managers about their critical role in eliminating permanent stress: Because of their permanently elevated adrenaline and cortisol levels, permanently stressed people can neither recognise nor change their situation. They need help from outside.
Do you, as a leader or HR manager, want to take care of the permanently stressed in your company? Then let’s talk about it during a half-hour Zoom coffee. Just book online at https://calendly.com/gegen-dauerstress/ or send an email to email@example.com!
I look forward to our conversation!
What qualifies me for this task
…am the proud father of two grown-up children.
…MBA of the Fuqua School of Business der Duke University in the US.
…of which 13 at top levele of Swiss, US, French, German and British organizations.
…at Henley Business School at the University of Reading in the UK; focussing on psychology, biology and neurosciences.
…(ACC) and 2021-2021 Board Member of the German Chapter of the world’s largest coaching association, the International Coaching Federation.
…depression through the sickness and recovery of my wife Nicole a few years ago.
Please visit also my LinkedIn profile:
Answers to three frequently asked questions
1. Why does stress cost 30% performance and a lot of leadership ability?
Thousands of years ago, nature learned to respond to challenging situations with fight or flight. In preparation, the stress response takes place: Adrenaline and cortisol are released, you sweat, your heart races and you breathe faster. These physical processes require 30% of our energy, leaving only 70% for work, for example. In addition, the brain switches to processing mode and reduces the ability to lead, solve problems and work together. With occasional stress, these losses are made up for by working overtime in the stress-free time. This is no longer possible with permanent stress. The lack of performance has to be taken over by others and the permanent stress can spread.
2. How can leaders in permanent stress be reached?
Companies support their employees in coping with stress with offers such as meditation, yoga and sports. These work excellently if those affected have recovery phases between stress. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case with permanent stress: those affected are stuck in their permanent stress and need help from outside. This is where cognitive behavioural work has proven its worth in burnout therapy. With it, the stress-triggering evaluations can be discovered, analysed and replaced. For many years, this approach has also been used with healthy people as cognitive behavioural coaching. Unfortunately, only 5% of coaches in Germany use it. Therefore, many coaches are not specialised in the elimination of permanent stress.
3. How does cognitive behavioural coaching against permanent stress work?
Stress arises when a situation is evaluated as challenging. This evaluation is made subconsciously based on the individual personality and experiences. If you change the evaluation, you eliminate the stress. This is what cognitive behavioural coaching does. It creates a confidential and protected space to explore the subconscious and to discover, test and refine new reactions. To avoid additional stress, continuous stress coaching often takes place in the off-peak hours of the day and virtually via Zoom. Regular 90-minute sessions every 14 days create a stable framework to change assessments practised over years in six months.
Which organizations I have already supported
- Atos IT Solutions and Services
- Bain & Company
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma
- Brain Products
- Deutsche Post DHL
- FC Augsburg
- GE Distributed Power
- John Bean Technologies
- öffentliche Verwaltung
- Sandoz International
- The Bank of New York Mellon (Luxembourg)
- T-Systems International
- Wacker Chemie
What my clients say.